The ABC Award is aimed at recognising a researcher, physician, nurse or patient advocate who has made an outstanding and impacting contribution in the field of advanced breast cancer throughout his/her career.
The 2019 ABC Award - in recognition of her foresight in understanding the importance of advanced breast cancer and for launching a Global Alliance against it - was assigned to Fatima Cardoso.
The 2017 ABC Award - in recognition for her work and dedication to advocacy specifically to advanced breast cancer patients - was assigned to Musa Mayer.
The 2015 ABC Award - in recognition for his work on metastatic breast cancer, especially improving the management of metastatic cancer to bone, resulting in preservation and improvement in quality of life of patients worldwide - was assigned to Robert E. Coleman.
The 2013 ABC Award - in recognition of his work on discovering fundamental, clinically-relevant biological and molecular mechanisms for metastases including site specificity, latency, self-seeding and the role of the microenvironment in colonization and drug resistance - was assigned to Joan Massagué.
Call for nominations
For the fifth ABC Award, nominations submitted by 6 June 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org will be assessed.
- The nominee must not have already received the ABC Award;
- The award recipient will be chosen on the basis of his/her accomplishment. No bearing will be given to his/her race, gender, nationality, religious or political views
- Nominees may not nominate themselves.
- If any of the members of the ABC Scientific Committee is nominated, he/she will excuse him/herself from all the nomination discussion, selection and approval.
- The final selection will be made by the ABC6 Chairs and Scientific Committee.
Nominations should be submitted through a letter which should:
- Be limited to 1.000 words;
- Include a concise description of the candidate’s accomplishments and a description of how this contribution has changed practice in the field of advanced breast cancer. The letter may refer to publications.
- biosketch of the nominated person
The recipient will receive an award certificate and will be invited to make a presentation during ABC6.
The outcome of the nominations will be communicated by 16 July 2021.